RTO Form 35: Notice of Termination of an Agreement of Hire-Purchase / Lease/ Hypothecation
A car owner should contact the Regional Transport Officer to apply for a change of registration entry using this Application form for Notice of Termination of Agreement of Hire Purchase.
An individual can use this form to remove the hypothecation of a car registration number.
- It’s worth noting that the documents/attachments that go with Form No. 35 must be submitted in the same format and manner as Form No. 35.
- The person who is authorized to check the return of income would verify the form of appeal in Form No. 35.
- If a person qualifies and chooses to file his or her income tax return on paper, he or she can also file an appeal in Form 35, which can be submitted electronically using a digital signature, electronically through an electronic verification code, or in paper form.
How to Download RTO Form 35?
Automobile owners may purchase their automobiles through financing agreements such as hire-purchase, lease, or hypothecation. On the original Registration Certification, the Financier’s name is still mentioned (RC). However, once you’ve paid off the debt, you can petition the Registering Authority to have the hypothecation terminated by filing RTO Form 35. The officials will sign the application and record the agreement’s cancellation in the RC. If the initial Registering Authority is different, fill out Form 35 three times since the RTO sends a copy of the application to the Initial Registration Authority and the Financier by registered mail.
Following are steps to download:
- Go to https://parivahan.gov.in/
- Click “Informational Services” on the menu tab
- Hover over “Downloadable Forms” in the drop-down menu
- Click “All Form”
- Click on “Form 35” under the vehicle-related category
How to fill RTO Form 35?
Filling up RTO Form 35 hypothecation is fairly straightforward; it is divided into two parts, one of which must be completed by the vehicle owner and the other by the RTO office.
The RTO Form 35 must be signed by both the vehicle owner and the financier. Along with the signatures of the vehicle registered owner and the banker’s financier, we must also write the vehicle registration number and the address of the RTO office to which the RTO Form 35 hypothecation is being submitted. A step-by-step guide to completing Form 35 is given below.
- Enter the name of the RTO under whose jurisdiction you registered the vehicle in the top left-hand corner of the application.
- Fill up the following blank with the car number specified in the RC.
- The applicant must now include his signature or thumb impression, as well as the submission date.
- On the application, the Financier additionally adds his signature, official seal, and date. He inputs the Financing Company’s complete postal address, as specified in the agreement.
- In the official endorsement section, the representative of the Registering Authority supplies the RTO’s reference number and address. He also cites the date on which the agreement’s cancellation was registered on the RC.
- Finally, the RTO official signs and dates Form 35 to make it official. He also adds the Financier’s and the original Registering Authority’s names (if it is different from the one where the application is currently getting processed)
- The Financier’s sample signature can be seen at the bottom of the Form.
Documents needed with Form 35
Documents to be attached along with RTO Form 35:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- ID Proof of the Registered Owner
- Lease/Hire-Purchase Agreement between Financier and Registered Owner
Frequently Asked Questions
If your car is financed, you’ll need to fill out this form. It is a letter of authorization from your local bank, as well as Form 35, that is required to successfully complete the car transfer process. It will remove the word ‘hypothesis’ from the RC, indicating that you have paid off all of your loans used to purchase the vehicle.
This form must be filled out by the parties who previously signed a car hire-purchase/lease/hypothecation agreement and now wish to terminate it by mutual consent.
The filled form 35 can be submitted both offline (RTO office) and online (through the e-filing portal).
As evidence for inactive hypothecation, the lender will normally give NOC and Form 35 (Notice of Termination of an Agreement of Hire-Purchase/Lease/Hypothecation). The NOC must be submitted to the RTO within three months after the date of issuance.
Yes, you can submit form 35 online.