Because biopharmaceuticals are costly medical items, they are a tempting target for thieves. The high cost of brand-name drugs, along with endless hours of research and development, makes them immensely valuable. Cargo security has long been a priority in cold chain logistics. This means that pharmaceutical businesses must increase their investment in security solutions, both for storage and transit.
Pharmaceutical companies can ensure the safety and security of their fleet operations by employing a fleet and asset management system that has the following features:
- Real-Time Alerts: This is the defining characteristic of a pharmaceutical fleet tracking system. Various location-based alerts have the potential to improve pharmaceutical logistics.
- Route Deviation: As a fleet manager, you can plan a safe route for your vehicle to take. This route was designed with road conditions in mind, as well as safety issues in some sections in mind. LocoNav's Route Deviation notifications can warn the manager immediately if the
- Idling: Is another potential issue that location tracking can assist detect. When a vehicle sits inactive for an extended period of time, it exposes the cargo to safety issues. Idling notifications from LocoNav can tell the manager, who can then contact the driver to resolve the situation.
- Tampering: A tamper alarm must be present on the pharmaceutical fleet tracking device. If the equipment becomes broken or removed, the manager must be notified immediately.
- Geofencing: Some regions may be more vulnerable to pharmaceutical theft than others. You may avoid theft-prone locations by employing a pharmaceutical fleet tracking system, and you will also receive notifications whenever any vehicle enters that area.