An AI dashcam provides fleet management with enhanced visibility into road incidents and how drivers respond to them through Artificial Intelligence (AI) and prediction analysis.
AI dashcams record every single detail. From unexpected swerving to inattentiveness, assisting management in understanding why and how road accidents happen. Companies can use this capability to overhaul safety measures and increase overall compliance.
In this blog, we will discuss how AI dashcams work and how they may help fleet businesses protect their most valuable assets—their fleet vehicles and drivers.
What is an AI Dashcam?
A single or dual-facing camera detects and analyses road conditions and driving behaviour. While single-facing cameras can efficiently assess occurrences on the road, businesses must also comprehend what is going on within the cabin.
Dual-facing dashcams give relevant data that assists fleet management in mitigating dangers in the cab and on the road. Dashcam technology helps drivers in remaining efficient and focused while lowering the cost of maintenance and liability. The recorded footage is stored on a server, allowing supervisors to observe and coach drivers who exhibit unsafe driving behaviours.
Advanced Video Telematics Solutions at Ridiculously Accessible Prices!
How Does an AI Dashcam Work?
The AI dashcam technology functions by evaluating real-time footage of your drivers and other road users. It will immediately alert the driver and fleet managers about any unsafe driving behaviour (such as speeding, harsh braking, eating, or smoking), avoiding any possible accidents and boosting driver safety.
Events That Trigger An AI Dashcam
An AI dashcam is meant to capture events that enable fleet managers to see the road and vehicle from all angles. An AI dashcam records continuously while the vehicle is moving, and issues an alert in case of certain conditions and driving behaviour. The following are some examples of incidents that result in event-based recordings:
- Unsafe Following Distance Detection:
- An AI dashcam measures the distance separating your vehicle and other vehicles on the road using video and motion sensors.
- When the following distance is too low, the camera estimates the gap between two vehicles and gives an audible but non-distracting audio alert.
- Drivers can modify risky driving behaviour in real-time thanks to this real-time notification.
- The driver can retreat to a safe distance, avoiding an accident and subsequent injuries.
- Harsh Driving Detection:
- The abrupt shift in direction or speed of a moving vehicle is referred to as harsh driving. It consists of abrupt braking, swerving, and acceleration.
- The AI dashcam identifies these rapid changes in a vehicle’s movement using motion sensors and records each event, letting management assess if there is a breach of fleet safety regulations.
- Distracted Driving Detection:
- When a driver checks their phone or messes with the radio, they raise their chances of getting into an accident just by not being there.
- Even experienced drivers can become distracted after a long day or when making evening deliveries.
- AI dashcam alerts assist drivers in regaining attention while also ensuring the safety of other drivers on the road.
How Can You Use AI Dashcam Footage?
AI dashcam footage can help a business considerably decrease its operational costs. Here is how it works:
- Dashcams assist fleet management in identifying possible concerns and addressing them before a significant infraction happens by providing real-time information on how drivers conduct themselves on the road.
- AI dashcam videos from incidents can assist in absolving drivers in the case of an insurance claim. The videos also provide a defence against litigation and false claims.
- Managers and drivers can review the tape, determine why the conduct was incorrect or risky, and create a safety strategy that serves both the transportation company and the team.
- To avoid unnecessary costs, businesses install AI dashcams that alert drivers when they are approaching the speed limit or are on the verge of committing other traffic offences.
- Drivers can use the in-cab notifications to lessen their speed and avoid traffic tickets.
Fleet companies can operate their enterprises more smoothly and without worry with the help of AI. Safe driving behaviours benefit both fleet firms and other road users. An AI dashcam makes it possible to decrease costs, strengthen relationships between drivers and supervisors, and build a safety culture that everyone adheres to.