The increase in options, which causes market shifts, is a difficult aspect for the leading companies in the vehicle monitoring systems industry. The increasing number of industry participants results in a fragmented industrial structure. The vehicle tracking systems market analysis, on the other hand, is predicted to provide an opportune market for competitors by capturing new consumer segments from various industrial verticals.
Knowing the location of your vehicles in real-time on your mobile device is a significant management and cost-control tool. Tracking software and services can help vehicle owners, parents, delivery, transportation, haulage, mobile service firms, private detectives, and many others.
Here are some quick facts for you about the Indian Fleet Evolution:
- The Indian shipping industry has become the 14th largest fleet in the world as per deadweight tonnage.
- With the introduction of cab services and commercial passenger vehicles, there has been a huge growth in the fleet sector in India.
- Due to modernization, there has been a tremendous rise in buildings for both the public sector and housing. And the construction business relies heavily on trucks for transportation. As you could have already guessed, a large growth has been witnessed here too.
- The Indian automobile sector is the world’s fifth largest, and it is expected to be the third largest by 2030. Relying on traditional modes of fuel-intensive mobility to serve a large domestic market will not be feasible. India stands to benefit on multiple fronts by shifting to electric vehicles (EVs): it has a relative wealth of renewable energy resources and competent labor in the technological and manufacturing industries.
- Vehicle connectivity is a prominent trend appearing in the worldwide automobile sector in the twenty-first century. With an average of more than 100 million lines of code in each car by 2023, software and data are projected to become the next “oil.”
- Vehicles may now gather and transmit a wide range of data, including geolocation, vehicle performance, driver behavior, and biometrics. While GPS technology has been used to support navigation systems for many years, smarter applications of the data are adding significant value in the form of real-time traffic updates and road safety alerts.
Who is the Audience of GPS Technology?
The GPS tracker industry offers tracking services to consumers, corporations, and government agencies. The following are the most popular end-users of GPS trackers:
- Defense and Government
Consumers and small organizations typically want GPS trackers that are both affordable and secure, whereas major businesses, corporations, and government agencies are more ready to pay a premium for enhanced functionality. It’s critical for all audiences to have not only fantastic GPS hardware but also pretty good software that has both great functionalities and is easy to use.
Types of GPS Tracking Systems
There are several types of GPS tracker systems. But they are majorly classified into two categories, Active and Passive.
- Passive Tracking System
Formally called the Offline Tracker. After a vehicle completes its journey, the passive tracking system is removed and used for analysis where it gives data regarding GPS location, speed, heading, and direction. Later, these details are evaluated.
- Active Tracking System
It is also known as an Online Tracker. The reason why the Active Tracking System is called so is that it provides the manager, owner, or driver with data in real-time. The ATS is generally preferred more due to its hassle-free usage and on-time updates. And then there is another type, which is a combination of the two.
Most advanced Fleet Management systems use a combination of both active and passive GPS tracker systems. How? Well, the online tracker will give updates in areas where the network is clear, but what about places where the network is sparse? Yes, that’s where the offline tracker comes into the picture. It stores the data and later at the time of analysis, it presents the data for a better evaluation.
There are many aspects of the GPS tracker system. But the most advanced and useful one is the FMS or the Fleet Management Software.
Here are the Functions of FMS in the Industry
- The functions such as recording driver and vehicle details, tracking procurement costs, scheduling maintenance and servicing tasks, import fuel transactions, and measuring fleet performance via reports and charts are all carried out with the help of this software.
- A VTS is essential in a business for its optimum performance. To ensure that, business owners must invest in the best GPS tracker for trucks.
- The capabilities differ from software to software based on the user interface, company requirement, and the GPS tracker provider’s technological prowess. From vehicle acquisition through maintenance to disposal, FMS carries out all operations.
- As we know, the era of ‘Might is Right’ is long gone and this is the era of ‘Knowledge’. The more knowledge you have, the better your chances of success. ‘Knowledge’ comes from data. Now, the reason why FMS is the heart of Fleet Management is because its main purpose is to gather, store, process, monitor, report on, and export information.
How Does the Global Positioning System Intercept with Fleet Management to Shape the Transportation Industry?
GPS or GPS technology is more than simply a tool to help vehicles travel from sites in the transportation and logistics industry today. As mobile technologies and mobile apps for logistics mobility solutions evolve.
The transportation business has been completely changed by GPS technology. They are mobile app developers who can provide you with innovative GPS vehicle monitoring solutions that contain business-effective capabilities needed by your company and customers.
GPS monitoring app development innovation provides various advantages to your transportation company. Shipping, back-office operations, performance, and communication vehicle are all covered. GPS tracking permits the development of logistics mobility solutions that will assist you in taking control of and monitoring fleet vehicles and labor. A modern mobile transportation tracking software may give crucial cost evaluation information, outstanding customer service, and improve efficiency.
Trendsetting Waves in GPS Market
- GPS monitoring gadgets are already smaller than a smartphone and are projected to get significantly smaller in the near future. Because of recent technology breakthroughs, it is now possible to manufacture thumbnail-sized GPS receivers and tiny batteries, allowing GPS monitoring units to be a long-lasting application.
- The software that has been incorporated with the GPS tracker has evolved quickly. With the use of software, numerous businesses can receive real-time data from a given place.
- With the use of software, improved mapping skills, the capacity to integrate with resources such as Google Earth, and predictive diagnosis are all conceivable.
- The user may now track several devices on a single screen thanks to smart software. It is also feasible to detect the quality of roads using the software.
- As a result of this improvement, it is believed that more precise and scalable GPS tracking software will be available soon.
How does a GPS receiver work?
The signal comprises data that a receiver uses to compute satellite locations and make other necessary adjustments for precise positioning. The receiver calculates the distance or range from the receiver to the satellite using the time difference between signal receipt and broadcast time.
How does GPS fit into our daily lives?
GPS, or Global Positioning System, has become an essential element of daily life. GPS can be utilized to significantly improve our directional accuracy in everything from how we move from place to place to how we protect our borders.
Nowadays, finding a place you’ve never been to before is as simple as asking your phone for directions. GPS enables this seemingly minor move, just as it enables the military to perform precise missile strikes on targets continents away from their base.
GPS is one of those technologies that sneaked up on everyone and intertwined with other beneficial technologies to become indispensable in our ever-expanding environment.
How accurate is GPS for location?
The GPS signal in space is provided by the government with a global average user range rate error (URRE) of 0.006 m/sec over any 3-second interval, with a 95 percent confidence.
How does GPS differ from navigation systems?
GPS is a satellite-based navigation system that uses satellite signals to determine the geographic location of a receiver. Satellite navigation systems are a group of satellites that provide global navigation, location, and timing services.